The Busy Bees made a new friend, Harry Halsey. You can make your own friend at home and name him anything you want. Here’s how to do it.
How to make your potato friend
You will need:
- A potato
- Grass seed
- Cotton balls
- Cup – to stand the potato upright
Make your Potato Head
- Cut off the top of the potato and hollow out an inch or two
- Draw your favorite face on the potato
- Place the potato in a plastic cup to keep it standing upright
- Stuff the potato with cotton and sprinkle seeds on the cotton
- Saturate the cotton & seeds with water
- Set your potato head by a window and keep it wet.
Before you know it your, potato will have hair!
What helps the seed to grow?
- Proper temperature
Photosynthesis. What is it?
Photosynthesis is a process the grass and other green plants use to make their own food from carbon dioxide in the air and water. When plants make their own food using photosynthesis they also make oxygen for us to breath! The more plants we have the more oxygen there is!