Visiting & Enrolling
Enrollment applications are accepted year round. Packets can be completed completed online. | Spaces open up year round as children are promoted from one classroom or program to the next.
The earlier you sign up the better. Children on our waiting list always have priority. | Spaces can also be reserved ahead of time by paying the registration fee and the first month of tuition in advance. For example, if you are interested in starting three months from now, we can reserve the space, if it will be available, today.
Please call 818-992-1942 to find out what openings/start dates we currently have available.
– Your child, if you would like
– A mental or prepared list of questions you have
Ready to enroll?
– Enrollment Forms
– Check or ACH information for registration fee and first month of tuition. Credit Cards accepted too but we prefer ACH. Banks change us a lot of money for Credit Card transactions.
All of us at HALSEY SCHOOLS do our best to keep you informed. This website is just one of the ways we strive to keep you up to date. We send important information and pictures using our Sandbox Parent Portal too. You can also follow us on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and TWITTER. And look for signs and postings in each classroom. Every month you’ll find a new newsletter here which you can also subscribe to. You can also speak to any of the teachers at anytime, set up conferences, call us, email us. The options seem endless.
• Daily Written Reports
• Ask a Teacher
• Regular Assessments & Conferences
• Discovery Weeks & Report Cards
• Call, email, IM us, Drop in anytime
• Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Sandbox Parent App
Reminders and Emergency Notifications:
- Online signup: https://www.remind.com/join/halsey
- Text Signup: text “@halsey” to 81010 or 512-982-9350
- Online signup: https://www.remind.com/join/emergency
- Text Signup: text “@emergency” to 81010 or 512-982-9350
- It’s a good idea to have a friend or family member out of state sign up for this one.
Learn about our EMERGENCY PLAN HERE.
Every child has their own cubby and infants & toddler have their own refrigerator space. Please bring:
Please label everything.
- Change of clothes & shoes
- Small crib sheet & blanket
- No pillows please
- Sack lunch/sign-up for hot lunch
- Backpack and/or carrying bag
- Refillable water bottle
- Please do not send car seats
- Summer add towel, water shoes, hat, sunglasses sun block & swimsuit/diaper
Additions for Infants & Toddlers
- Diapers & wipes, 2+ changes of clothes
- Sippy cups, bottles, food etc
- If a child has a food allergy, all employees are informed and we make note of the allergy on our allergy document hung by food & snacks. Parents can also let us know if they want us to ONLY serve food provided by the parents.
- If a child has a severe allergy and requires an EpiPen, parents must provide the EpiPen and complete Parent Consent For Administration of Medications LIC 9221. All teachers are trained to use EpiPens and will be informed of the allergy.
Policy, Plans, Procedures
Sign in/out stations are provided in each building and every child must be signed in/out everyday. You can also sign in/out on your phone. Only people on your authorized pick up list are allowed to pick up your child. If you will be sending someone else to pick up your child, we will need a note from you and the person picking up will be asked for i.d.
Yes, with a doctor’s note or prescription. Please complete the medication form weekly. If a child has a fever, we cannot administer medication and he/she cannot come to school. He/She needs your special love and attention. Please bring the medication in to the school yourself and hand directly to an adult. Never give it to the child or leave it in his/her bag etc.
All teachers are CPR & First Aid Certified and have been trained in emergency and disaster preparedness as well as illness and disease prevention and control. We provide a wide range of in-service training seminars, at least monthly, to keep certifications and training up to date and accurate. Prepare, Plan & Practice; read our detailed plan here.
Illness Free Zone! If sick stay home. At Halsey Schools we follow this strict illness policy to help keep your child from getting ill too often. Wash, Clean, Sanitize. Stay home if ill. Read our detailed policy here.
We follow our Early Childhood Development Hands-On Curriculum.
Based on this hands-on curriculum, your child’s teachers design their own lesson plans geared toward the specific needs of each age group. Their plans are posted on the parent information board after they are approved by Jenni. Lessons are then further tailored on the fly based on the individual children and the day. The lesson plans are designed to give your child the opportunity to experience successes helping them grow physically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually. We will help your child develop his/her own sense of self confidence and help emphasize unique strengths and abilities.
You can find specifics under links on your child’s class page under Happy Families.
Schedules & Calendars
Each Classroom has their Schedule posted under the Happy Families Menu. In addition, you’ll find curriculum information, newsletters, lunch & snack menus etc. Please check it out.
Teacher Education & Information
We all follow this Mission Statement
Interactively teach children with love, compassion, joy, wonder and excitement in a safe, secure, encouraging, happy environment where parents and co-workers learn appropriate behavior and child development techniques from our actions too.
- Always teach children and parents with a smile
- Alway greet children and parents by name with a smile
- Always encourage and share your ideas with co-workers and parents
- Always be positive and reassuring
- Always get to know each individual child’s personality, special needs and quirks
- Always keep learning and improving yourself
Questions Halsey Schools’ teachers are always asking themselves:
- Am I doing something now that will make a parent refer Halsey Schools to a friend?
- Is a child, parent or teacher learning from what I’m doing now?
- Am I smiling?
- Am I being friendly?
Halsey Schools = Learning
Our low ratios provide consistent personal interaction and group socialization. There are no more than 3-4 children per teacher in the Infant Center, 6-8 in the Toddler Center and 10-12 in the Preschool.
All teachers hold their Early Childhood Development Credential and are certified in CPR and First Aid. Every classroom uses co-teaching instead of teachers and aides. We do not have less qualified aides or assistants. Everyone is a fully qualified teacher. Learn more about our teachers at the Happy Teachers Menu Link above.
Absolutely. Every teachers goes through a complete finger printing and background check through the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). All our teachers have squeaky clean records, years of experience and excellent educational and personal qualifications.
Children learn and develop by doing. Children learn best through interactive hands-on activities in a structured yet flexible environment. Read more here.
Tuition & Billing
Tuition is paid monthly in advance on the 20th of each month with electronic ACH checks. You never have to worry about forgetting to pay or paying late. And we can focus our attention on the program and our children.
(We prefer ACH but will take credit cards if absolutely necessary. Credit card companies charge us a lot of money to process payments. Eliminating that cost gives us more money for your children and the teachers.)
Excellent Care & Education
- Excellent Care and Education for the hours and days you selected.
- Fully qualified-credentialed loving & caring teachers.
- All on campus visitors and activities.
- Open door policy; come in and visit us anytime.
- Daily snacks if not provided by parents.
Optional Additional Cost Items
- Lunches are available for children ages 18 month at an additional cost.
- Enrichment classes like Soccer, Dance, Keyboards, Karate
Yes you can. If you pay 6 or 12 months in advance by check or cash you can receive a discount of:
- 2% for 6 months (.02)
- 5% for 12 months (.05)
Monthly billing is billed automatically through a checking account.
All statements are available online on our Parent Portal. Once enrolled, you will receive an email invitation to sign-up for online account access at https://parentportal.runsandbox.com/Login. There you’ll be able to communicate with us, access your statements, update phone numbers, emergency contacts and create your sign in/out pin. If you haven’t received one yet, just let us know. Parent Portal Instructions.
Halsey Schools is completely independent and is family owned and operated by wife and husband Jenni and Bobby. Jenni is the Director running the day to day operations. Bobby runs the website, marketing, and business side. Bobby started working at Halsey Schools with his parent founders Richard & Judy Halsey when he was just a youngster. Jenni & Bobby fell in love in high school then Jenni joined the family and started teaching too! Jenni took over as the director in 1989. Richard is retired and Judy passed away in 2015. Her legacy lives on through all of us. Halsey Schools is open Monday through Friday year-round and is only closed about 10 times a year on national Holidays.
Halsey Schools started in 1978 and is family owned and operated. Learn more about us here.