What the heck is Gak?
It’s kind of like play-dough, but not really. Kind of like slime, but not really. Kind of like… It’s Gak! Made popular by Nikelodeon. You can shape it. Cut it. Stick it. Throw it. Stretch it. Bounce it! Pop it. Snap it! Make noises with it… Here’s how to make Gak at home with your preschooler.
How to make Gak
- 1 tsp [amazon_link id=”B000R4LONQ” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Borax Powder[/amazon_link] (You’ll find it at any grocery store with other cleaners.)
- 3 cups of warm water
- 2 cups (16oz) of [amazon_link id=”B0038DUT34″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]glue[/amazon_link] (clear or white)
- 2 cups of cool water
- 1,2,3,4+ drops of food coloring – you decide
- Dissolve Borax with warm water in large bowl and set aside.
- In separate bowl mix cool water and glue and add some food coloring.
- Combine both mixes together and smoosh with your hands.
- Keep kneading until as much water as possible is absorbed and a nice blob is formed.
- Dump excess water
- Play with it!!!!!!!