Directions for making GOOP & Oobleck
You Will Need:
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Spoon
- Food coloring of any color
- 1 cup of Cornstarch
- 1/3 cup of Water
- 1 cup measuring cup
- 1/3 cup measuring cup
- 1 zip lock bag
- Measure 1 cup of Corn Starch loosely (don’t pack down) and pour it into your bowl
- Measure 1/3 cup of water, add the food coloring to the water
- Pour colored water into the same bowl as the Corn Starch
- Now take your spoon and start to mix the corn starch, water and food coloring
- The corn starch will make the consistency of your creation hard to mix but if you keep scraping the bottom of the bowl and stirring, until you can no longer see the color white of the starch then you are making progress.
- Play with it!
- Store it. To keep your goop in perfect condition store it in a zip lock bag or airtight container in the refrigerator.
When your done with it, pour it in the trash (never down a drain). It will dry and solidify back into cornstarch powder.
Why make Goop? What do children learn when making and playing with Goop?
- following directions
- reading fractions
Verbal Skills / Vocabulary
- Creative expression
Math & Science Skills
- mixing – chemical reactions
- state of matter
- Dry to a liquid
- Liquid to dry
- Different Textures
Hands-on activities like science & cooking projects are a fun way for children to learn many different concepts. Doing them at home is a great way for families to bond. Have fun!
- Happy Times June 2023 - May 25, 2023
- How To Make Ms. Alyssa’s Favorite Play dough - May 11, 2023
- Happy Times May 2023 - April 21, 2023