Weekly Themes & Stories
This month we’ll be learning about Captain Jack Sparrow, Quasimodo, Tarzan, and Hercules. We’ll read Pirates of the Caribbean, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Tarzan: The Lost Adventure and Disney’s Hercules. Our Hours will remain 8-5. Please keep following our important illness & safety protocols at home and we’ll do the same at school.
School Closed: 1/1 New Years! | 1/18 Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Have a safe BLAST!
Wear it: 1/6 a pirate patch | 1/14 green | 1/28 Gold
Busy Bee’s Homework 1/4: In order to prepare you and the children for Kindergarten, the Busy Bee teachers will send fun homework packets home every Monday. The activities help the children practice the concepts they are learning at school and give you an opportunity to see some of the ways your child learns at school. Packets should be returned the following Monday. The children are not required to complete the homework, but those that do receive recognition for it during circle time. The homework is not graded or returned. | It is best to establish a consistent homework routine. We recommend doing it 2-3 days a week. For example every Monday, Wednesday & Friday or every Tuesday & Thursday. It’s up to you and your family. You can always find the homework plans here.
Staff Development Training 1/12 & 1/13: Helping all children reach their full potential. | Every month our teachers learn something new, take a look at something old from a new perspective, reinforce and reinvigorate previous education and training, or just have some hands-on fun through our regular training programs. | Learn more about our happy teachers here.
Bring it: 1/19 a leaf
Rain – Dropping off and picking up in the rain: . Infant & Toddler Center: If it is raining, take your child directly to the appropriate door. At pickup go back to the same door. Please always remain outside. Teachers will help children wash their hands inside.
Temporary Hours remain: 8-5 with same drop off and pick up procedures.
Lunch Menu: Look for the lunch menu in sandbox post.
Hot Beverages: As the days and mornings become cooler, please remember to keep coffee and other hot beverages off campus.. For safety reasons, there is no drinking of hot beverages allowed on any of Halsey Schools grounds, or on any Halsey Schools trips or other events. If you would like to drink hot beverages, please do so off campus or before coming dropping off or picking up your child.
Sheets & Blankets: All children must have a sheet & blanket for nap time everyday. Please make sure to send a sheet & blanket at the start of the week. Please have your child’s name printed on them. Thank you!
Fall/Winter change of clothes: Please make sure your child has a weather appropriate change of clothing.
Self Screening at home: Keep up the good work! Parents and teachers have been doing an awesome job of self screening and staying home when any concerns arise. No runny noses. No illnesses. Only healthy teachers and children at school.
Arrival screening: Our arrival screening is going GREAT! Read How we are keeping parents, children and teachers safe for details on self screening and our daily entrance screening. Together we are keeping everyone safe.
Report and isolate: If you or anyone in your family has had any exposure to any person who has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 report it to us immediately and self isolate. Thank you. Read More
Never send your child to school if you or anyone in your household is sick with anything and/or if you are waiting for COVID-19 test results for anyone in the household.
Masks for children 2+ years old: Thank you for helping your children learn how to put on and off, wear, and store their masks properly. We are so proud of all the children and the parents! What a team we are! (No children under 2 can wear a mask.) Read More.
Traveling? Please let up know your plans so we can provide guidance on what you will need to do for your child to return.
Illness Policy: We follow a strict written Illness Policy
- All families & teachers self-check at home and are checked before entry for any signs of illness. Temperatures are checked. Anything >100° stays home. All illnesses stay home.
- Any COVID-19 symptoms require 1+ negative COVID-19 tests and/or 10-14 day quarantine and no symptoms. And administration/director approval. Read More
- If your child visits a doctor for any illness, please ask for a return authorization note. Halsey Schools reserves the right to exclude a child from school at any time for any reason, even if a doctor or other recommends otherwise
- If we have 3 or more children come down with something (other than COVID-19) we provide more information on the illness.
- Stay home with your child if you, your spouse or anyone else who is in your home regularly like a nanny, grandparent, sibling, cleaning person or your child tests positive for COVID-19. And notify us immediately.If there was possible exposure at school we will notify those possibly exposed directly.
- Happy Times June 2023 - May 25, 2023
- How To Make Ms. Alyssa’s Favorite Play dough - May 11, 2023
- Happy Times May 2023 - April 21, 2023